Art Road Trip on Highway 128
Anderson Valley is known for its magical alchemy of redwoods, vineyards, sheep, great food and wine… and of course artists!
Anderson Valley Open Studios asks local artists to clean up their private studios a little (just a little) so you, the public, can find your way up windy roads, under canopies of oak trees, past autumn vineyards and squeeze into the studios to see where they work, check out some of their new work, and connect with the creative process.
The orange signs up and down 128 will lead you to the artists’ studios from 11 to 5 PM on Saturday and Sunday, November 6 and 7, 2021.
The artists this year are:
- Xenia King – paintings in oil and acrylic, photomontage. [email protected]
- Rebecca Goldie – watercolor, found objects sculpture, illustrations fouryearsatartschool.com
- Antoinette von Grone – European expression in art and design. antoinettevongrone.com
- Yoriko Kishimoto -plein air landscape, still life in oil and watercolor yorikokishimoto.com
- Saoirse Bryne – scarves, wraps and fabric incorporating art of rope making instagram.com/lineage_of/
- Toby Hill – abstract portraits, figures, symbolic forms tobyhill.com
- Jan Wax and Chris Bing – porcelain and stoneware art pottery [email protected]
- Marvin and Colleen Schenck – post-impressionist landscape painting, printmaking, jewelry, mixed media. [email protected] and [email protected]
- Rebecca Johnson – a poetic and contemporary interpretation of place, painting and sculpture rebeccajohnsonart.com
In an era where we spend too much time on the computer and phone, connect with the part of you that is hungry for that hands-on, creative process. This is a free and a unique opportunity – We welcome you to visit, get inspired, and perhaps get an original piece of art!