Every Day is Earth Day at the Stanford Inn by the Sea in Mendocino County, Northern California
Albert Einstein once stated, “Nothing will benefit human health and increase the chances for survival of life on earth as much as the evolution of a vegetarian diet.”
And now with the new Living Well Retreat package, one of the only truly comprehensive and educational programs of its kind in the United States, the Stanford Inn is honoring the environment in a significant and meaningful way, while allowing guests to take away something of value – the tools to lead a healthier, more sustainable life.
For Earth Day – in fact, for the last two weekends in April (April 21/22 and April 28/29) – the Stanford Inn is offering a “familiarization” experience: getting you out in nature; experiencing whole foods – growing and cooking; and educational – exploring how what we eat affects our bodies. Eating a whole foods, plant based diet is simply the healthiest way to live for both ourselves and our planet.
- Arrival gifts
- Accommodations for two nights in a room with wood burning fireplace, views, queen or king sized bed.
- Dinner both nights of your stay
- Breakfast both mornings
- Tour the Stanford Inn’s gardens with master gardener Jaime Jensen
- Five seminars/experiences
- Basic Nutrition
- Next Level Nutrition – an exploration of your diet with an emphasis on simple changes
- Cooking class – simple solutions to common issues/questions
- Gardening 101 – salad and herb container gardening and general information for the more ambitious
- The Magnificent Forest – inter-species – interdependence – a model for society.
- Paddling or Biking Experience the Mendocino Coast by mountain bile of paddling Big River Estuary in a locally made outrigger canoe
Value $1258 before taxes and gratuities. Special to celebrate Earth Day and the Planet $900 plus 11% taxes and 8% service charges. Alcohol available but not included.